Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday

This morning we painted, and in the afternoon Frank demonstrated. I am quite happy with my painting - just wish I would have taken a bigger canvas. It might not be the best photograph - there is a little glare. This whole week I have only used three primaries and white - ultramarine, cadmium red and lemon yellow - and it has been great. Frank is an excellent teacher - patient, wise and clear....with a good sense of humour. His demonstrations have been excellent teaching tools - today he painted the same cactus but from the other side. It was fabulous to see how he approached the same subject...his composition, his colour mixing, his start and block-in, and then the evolving steps (top photo).

1 comment:

Toya said...

Ahhh I miss those crazy cactus trees! Nice painting Mom!